An Insider's Guide to the Sundance Kabuki in San Francisco
The Sundance Kabuki is one of the most unique movie theatres in the country. Not only is the building distinctive, but the experience is unlike at any other cinema. It's the best place in San Francisco to watch a movie and enjoy a cocktail, beer or wine, and have an interesting snack. If you are planning a trip to the Sundance Kabuki, we hope you find this Insider's Guide helpful.
- Reserved Seat Ticketing. All seats for all shows are reserved. Pick your favorite seat online, at our ticketing kiosks in the lobby or at our box office. Purchase your seats in advance online at sundancecinemas.com and print out your tickets at home and completely bypass the box office line.
- Discounted Validated Parking. Our box office is open 15 minutes before the first show time of the day. We will be happy to validate your parking ticket at the box office or at the concession stand for the nearby Japantown parking garages for discounted parking rates.
- Over +21 Shows. We offer several shows a day for patrons over 21 years of age , where adult beverages and food purchased at the Kabuki is allowed inside the auditoriums. These shows are clearly identified online, on our tickets, at the box office, in our ad in the San Francisco Chronicle and when you use our ticketing kiosks in the lobby. Over 21 shows are presented in the Balcony of Auditorium #1 after around 4 pm Saturday and Sunday and at 6 pm Monday thru Friday, and in Auditoriums 3, 4, 5 & 6 for designated shows, primarily for films starting after 6 pm daily.
- Balcony Bar. Our Balcony Bar is located on the 3rd floor at the top of the escalator. The entrance to the Balcony seating in Auditorium #1 is through the bar. The self service Balcony Bar opens at 4 pm Saturday and Sunday and at 6 pm Monday thru Friday. When you order food from the bartender, you will be given a pager that will alert you when your order is ready for pick-up.
- Bistro Bar. The Bistro Bar is located on the 2nd floor , across from our Art Gallery. The Bistro Bar opens at 6 pm every day. In addition to cocktails there are draft beers, wine, grab 'n go sandwiches, wraps, desserts and salads available.
- Valid ID required for all Bars and +21 Shows. If you are attending an Over 21 show, you must show a valid ID to the ID checker. Unlike other restaurants and bars, our special liquor license prohibits anyone less than 21 years of age in areas where alcohol is served. Please note that accompanied minors will not be allowed entrance.
- Carry your drink to your seat from the bar. Drinks and food can be brought into the designated Over 21 shows, even full bottles of wine or champagne purchased in our bars. We use real glassware - the ultimate way to recycle!
- Screening Rooms. Our entrance level Screening Room Auditoriums 7 and 8 are luxurious, intimate 'private screening room' type spaces with rocking chair love seats and tablettes.
- Please put your trash in the right bin. Everything we sell at the Kabuki in the bars and at the concessions stand is packaged or served in recyclable or compostable containers. We have eliminated all packaging and material that goes into a landfill. For your convenience we have Outside Trash barrels at the entrance and at the top of the double escalator for anything brought in from the outside that would contaminate the recycle or compost waste. Outside Food must be consumed in the lobby and disposed of in the Outside Trash bin.
- Traditional concessions plus more. We offer a wide variety of traditional and specialized choices at our concession stand , sold in either recyclable or compostable packaging.
- Located at 1881 Post Street @ Fillmore in San Francisco. 415-346-3243
We appreciate that you've chosen Sundance Cinemas. Please let us know if there is any way we can improve your visit at email@example.com
The Screening Room Calendar in Madison
The Houston Screening Room Calendar
Seattle Remodel Report
Take a look at the Seattle remodel report!
Scene at Sundance Cinemas Photos of filmmakers, special screenings and events.
Please join us for the best in cultural and alternative programming. Tickets are on sale now for the new season of The San Francisco Opera and The National Theatre of London's productions.
Houston Insider's Guide Insider's Guide to the Sundance Cinemas in Houston
Madison Insider's Guide Insider's Guide to the Sundance Cinemas Madison
Kabuki Insider's Guide Insider's Guide to the Sundance Kabuki San Francisco
Events & Rentals
Premieres, private screenings, group sales, business meetings, clubs, receptions, on-site catering and event management. Click here for more information
Coming Soon Coming to San FranciscoComing to Madison
Showtimes Emails and ScreeningsSign up
for weekly emails. Info, show times, and screenings.
Plan a Night Out
Contact us and we'll help you plan a special occasion. Read more
about what other people have had to say...
Take a look at our Sundance Merchandise