An Insider's Guide to Sundance Seattle
The Insiders Guide To The Sundance Cinemas in Seattle
We Want To Be Your New Favorite Movie Theatre
Sundance Cinemas Seattle is located at 4500 9th Avenue NE in Seattle, Washington. Sundance Cinemas has completely transformed the former Metro 10 and created what can only be described as a brand new and exciting film center for moviegoers in Seattle. The entire location was redesigned adding a full Bar & Bistro, Living Room, Reserved Stadium Seating, all new plush and comfy rocking love chairs, new digital presentation and new sound - it's a new theatre. The experience is unlike any other cinema, with a combination of the best film programming available and special and exciting filmmaker screenings making the Sundance Seattle the place to see a movie. Sundance Cinemas in Seattle is the best place to watch a movie and enjoy cocktails, beer and wine, and have a quick and delicious snack.
- Reserved Seat Ticketing. All seats for all shows are reserved. Pick your favorite seat online, at our ticketing kiosks in the lobby or at our box office. Purchase your seats in advance online at sundancecinemas.com and print out your tickets at home and completely bypass the box office line. There is no extra cost to buy and print advance tickets on the web, and reserved seating adds to the relaxed experience of seeing a movie at Sundance Cinemas.
- Amenity Fee. Sundance Cinemas adds a small surcharge to all tickets that varies by the day of the week and show time of the day. The range is from zero (no charge) for the first matinee show on week days Monday through Thursday, to $3.25 per ticket for evening shows on Friday and Saturday nights. A chart with the Amenity Fee schedule is available on the website or at the box office. The Amenity Fee is uniformly charged for tickets purchased on the web, at the box office or at the kiosks. The Amenity Fee covers the extraordinary costs of being “green”, customer services such as reserved seating, and offsets the lost income from forgoing on screen advertising revenues which we believe diminish the movie going experience.
- All Seats for All Shows are for Guests Over 21 years of age. Washington State laws require all patrons to be 21 years of age or older. A valid ID is required.
- Ambiance. Sundance Cinemas are designed for grownups. We take the opposite approach of commercial circuits with their neon sharp colors and blaring video screens. We were fortunate to discover and use wonderful wood products from the northwest with hazelnut tree twigs, our box office wood slab and handmade end tables. Our goal is to make our theatres comfortable and interesting.
We offer highly discounted parking after 5pm. Only $2 with theatre validation. Before 5PM, 1 hour validated additional hours $2. Park in the cinema lot just north of the theatre. Heading north on 9th Ave, turn right on 47th and take first right into the parking lot. If you are heading south on Roosevelt use Trader Joes entrance and take ramp to upper lot. Note stall # and cashier will provide validation at box office. In addition we have offsite parking behind the Hotel Deca located at4507 Brooklyn Ave N.E with free parking after 6 pm Mon – Fri, all day Sat, Sun and holidays. Enter from Brooklyn Avenue and proceed to back of lot (please do not park in spaces marked for hotel guests.) Cashier will provide validation to place in box after your film.
- Sundance Bar. The Sundance Bar is located in the lobby. A fun hybrid of classic snack bar and Bar. In addition to classic movie treats, there is a full bar, featuring cocktails, draft and bottled beers, interesting wines, and a delicious variety of fresh made food, desserts and salads available for fast self-service. All Drinks and food are designed to be enjoyed at your seat during the show, as well as in the lobby and upstairs Living Room. Full bottles of wine or champagne purchased at the Bar may be enjoyed in your seat as well. We use real glassware - the ultimate way to recycle!
- Art Gallery. Our Art Gallery is located near the Living Room upstairs. Every three months, a new local Seattle area artist is featured.
- Loyalty Program. Our Sundance Partners Loyalty Program is a simple as it can be. For every dollar you spend, you earn a point towards free movie tickets. 150 points earns a Monday thru Thursday pass, and 250 points earns one admission ticket good for any time.
- Special events and screenings. Sundance Cinemas in Seattle will host a wide variety of special events, screenings and film festivals, taking advantage of the large filmmaking community in the town.
- No annoying TV commercials. Unlike virtually every other movie theatre in town, you will never see annoying TV commercials on our screens. We think going to the movies should be an enjoyable experience.
- Please put your trash in the right bin. We recycle our glass products and plastic bottles. Separate glass recycling and trash bins are located throughout the theatre.
- Traditional concessions plus more. We offer traditional popcorn, soda, candy plus a wide variety of bottled drinks. We pride ourselves on sourcing local companies for tasty treats. Most importantly: We use real butter on our popcorn.
- Keeping up with us. Sign up for our weekly email blasts by visiting our website for show times, special events and up to date information on programming.
- Address. Located at 4500 9th Ave NE in Seattle, Washington. 1.206.633.0059 This is the site of the former Metro 10 Cinema For more information on Sundance Cinemas, please visit our website sundancecinemas.com
Let us know your thoughts at SundanceSeattle@sundancecinemas.net. Better yet, make sure you sign up for our email blasts.
If you're interested in working for Sundance Cinemas, send us a cover letter and a resume to SundanceSeattle@sundancecinemas.net
And thanks for the warm welcome - we appreciate more than we can say.
Sundance Cinemas Seattle, 4500 9th Avenue, NE, Seattle, WA 98105 1.206.633.0059
The Screening Room Calendar in Madison
The Houston Screening Room Calendar
Seattle Remodel Report
Take a look at the Seattle remodel report!
Scene at Sundance Cinemas Photos of filmmakers, special screenings and events.
Please join us for the best in cultural and alternative programming. Tickets are on sale now for the new season of The San Francisco Opera and The National Theatre of London's productions.
Houston Insider's Guide Insider's Guide to the Sundance Cinemas in Houston
Madison Insider's Guide Insider's Guide to the Sundance Cinemas Madison
Kabuki Insider's Guide Insider's Guide to the Sundance Kabuki San Francisco
Events & Rentals
Premieres, private screenings, group sales, business meetings, clubs, receptions, on-site catering and event management. Click here for more information
Coming Soon Coming to San FranciscoComing to Madison
Showtimes Emails and ScreeningsSign up
for weekly emails. Info, show times, and screenings.
Plan a Night Out
Contact us and we'll help you plan a special occasion. Read more
about what other people have had to say...
Take a look at our Sundance Merchandise