An Insider's Guide to Sundance Sunset West Hollywood
Sundance Sunset Cinema in West Hollywood is located at 8000 W. Sunset Blvd at Crescent Heights, Sundance Cinemas has completely transformed the former Laemmle Sunset 5 and created what can only be described as a brand new and exciting film center for our Southern California friends. The entire location was redesigned adding a patio space, lounge, stadium seating, all new plush and comfy rocking love chairs, new digital presentation, new sound - it's a new theatre. The experience is unlike any other cinema, with all independent film programming and special and exciting filmmaker screenings making the Sundance Sunset the place to see a movie in West Hollywood (and beyond) to watch a movie and enjoy beer or wine, and have a quick and delicious snack.
- Reserved Seat Ticketing and Print at Home Ticketing. All seats for all shows are reserved. Pick your favorite seat online, at our ticketing kiosks in the lobby or at our box office. Purchase your seats in advance online at sundancecinemas.com and print out your tickets at home and completely bypass the box office line. There is no extra cost to buy and print advance tickets on the web, and parking is validated by a concierge at the box office.
- Amenity Fee. Sundance Cinemas adds a small surcharge to all tickets that varies by the day of the week and showtime of the day. The range is from zero (no charge) for the first matinee show on week days Monday through Thursday, to $3.00 per ticket for evening shows on Friday and Saturday nights. A chart with the Amenity Fee schedule is available on the website or at the box office. The Amenity Fee is uniformly charged for tickets purchased on the web, at the box office or at the kiosks. The Amenity Fee covers the extraordinary costs of being “green”, customer services such as reserved seating, and offsets the lost income from forgoing on screen advertising revenues which we believe diminish the movie going experience. Total ticket pricing falls at or below the ticket price at other 'premium' theatres in the area.
- Free 3 Hour Validated Parking. Our box office is open 15 minutes before the first showtime of the day. Bring your ticket from the 8000 Sunset Center garage to the box office and we will validate your ticket. With the purchase of a movie ticket, Sundance Cinemas provides validation for three (3) hours of free parking upon presentation of your white 8000 Sunset garage parking ticket. Be sure to get your ticket validated before leaving the theatre.
- +21 Shows Daily. As part of a new policy, all seats for all shows are for guests over the age of 21. Valid ID will be checked at the entrance door, the box office and the bar, and no one under 21 will be allowed in the building during business hours.
- Sundance Bar Bar. The Sundance Bar Bar is located in the lobby. A fun hybrid of classic snack bar and Bar, and in addition to classic movie treats, there are draft and bottled beers, interesting wines, and a delicious variety of fresh made food, desserts and salads available.
- Valid ID required for alcohol purchase.
- Art Gallery. Our Art Gallery is located in the Lounge upstairs and in the lobby. Every three months, a new local Los Angeles area artist(s) is/are featured.
- Special events and screenings. Sundance Sunset Cinema will host a wide variety of special events, screenings and film festivals, taking advantage of the large filmmaking community in this town. And no annoying TV commercials!
- Enjoy it at your seat. All Drinks and food are designed to be enjoyed at your seat during the show, as well as in the lobby and out on the patio. Full bottles of wine or champagne purchased at the Bar Bar may be enjoyed in your seat as well. We use real glassware - the ultimate way to recycle!
- Please put your trash in the right bin. We recycle our glass products and plastic bottles. Separate glass recycling and trash bins are located throughout the theatre.
- Traditional concessions plus more. We offer traditional popcorn, soda, candy and gourmet hot dogs plus a wide variety of specialty pastries, bottled drinks, ice cream and candies. We use real butter on our popcorn.
- Keeping up with us. Sign up for our weekly email blasts by visiting our website for showtimes, special events and up to date information on programming. Sign up for our email blasts, here.
- Address. Located at 8000 W. Sunset Blvd between Laurel and Crescent Heights. Film info: 323.654.2217
For more information on Sundance Cinemas, please visit our website sundancecinemas.com